Introduction to Galaxy & Galaxy Workflows -repeat – now online
Presenter – Simon Gladman
Galaxy is an open source, web-based platform for accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational biomedical research. It allows users without programming experience to easily specify parameters and run individual tools as well as larger workflows. It also captures run information so that any user can repeat and understand a complete computational analysis. Finally, it allows users to share and publish analyses via the web.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
Work with data on Galaxy
- login to a Galaxy server
- upload data to a Galaxy server from:
- A file on your local computer
- A file on a remote datastore with an accessible URL
Use tools in Galaxy
- accessing tools via the tool menu
- use the tool interface to run the particular tool
- viewing/accessing tool output.
Prerequisites and requirements
This workshop does not require any previous experience.
This is a hands-on workshop and attendees must bring their own laptops to the online workshop with the following software preinstalled:
- Access to internet
- Web browser (Firefox or Chrome recommended)
- Zoom (Version 5.1 or higher)